"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others" --Mahatma Gandhi

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Am I Ready?

I have been anticipating this day for a long time. I remember the first time I heard about the program and immediately knew it was for me. I never second guessed my decision, never thought “maybe I should go somewhere else” or “why the heck did I sign up for this”. I have never felt a more unwavering certainty in Gods’ plan for me. Now that the day is finally here I am experiencing so many different emotions. It’s humbling, exciting, unnerving but not in a threatening way, sad, hopeful, inspiring… So many different feelings that I am not quite sure what I feel. People keep using the expression “life changing experience” but do they really consider the immensity of that statement. Life. Changing. I am sitting in my bed a night before beginning this journey and trying to comprehend the idea that my life is about to be changed, forever. And not only will my life be changed, but I have the opportunity to change someone else’s life, even just one single person. The array of emotions that come from these thoughts are overwhelming. I will be updating my blog everyday with posts and pictures documenting my trip. I want to make it as personal as possible not only for Carol, Willy, and Brooks, but because I want to look back at my entries and remember exactly how I felt along my journey.  Enough with the seriousness. I am all packed and ready to go. When I first weighed my bag is was 65 pounds, without even putting shoes in it… I definitely have a packing issue.

Hope everyone enjoys my posts! Love you all and wish me luck in BELIZEEEEEE!

2 comments:

  1. Have an amazing time...but be safe! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you and can't wait to hear all about your wonderful adventure. Now get some sleep as tomorrow comes early for you. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete